What You Can Do to Stand with Ukraine
On February 24, the Russian Federation violated international law by invading the independent state of Ukraine. The TechSoup Global Network stands in solidarity with the citizens and civil society of Ukraine.
In response, TechSoup has developed a resource page featuring technology resources and educational offerings, offered free of charge, to support NGOs in Ukraine and throughout the region. Both new and long-standing TechSoup partners have created unique offerings for refugees, NGO staff, and volunteers affected by the current war.
To understand the situation and provide support, we encourage you to be a part of the solution in the following ways:
- Be aware of the influence of false narratives, media manipulation, and disinformation. Strategies of mis- and disinformation are deliberate. They erode trust and create friction and confusion, increasing the divide in society. Democracy depends on truth. Critically assess the material coming through social media channels and news outlets. Self-paced classes are available on HiveMind for improving media literacy. On March 3, HiveMind hosted a webinar on combatting disinformation specific to the invasion of Ukraine. This was presented in Polish — an English presentation is expected to be held soon.
- Be prepared to stop the spread of inaccurate information. Please do not share information if you are not certain of its source or accuracy.
- Read news from reliable sources. These include, in English:
The Kyiv Independent, The New Voice of Ukraine, Outriders and Ukraine World.
- Follow Ukraine-based journalists for accurate reporting, such as Olga Tokariuk, Christopher Miller, or Illia Ponomarenko.
- For reporters on the ground, check out the Committee to Protect Journalists resources for journalists in English, Ukrainian, and Russian for how to stay safe.
- If you would like to provide financial support to organizations in Ukraine, consider a contribution to Save Life.
- Learn more about cybersecurity needs in Ukraine: Only 6 percent of respondents in TSGN partner GURT Resource Center’s digital transformation 2020 survey indicated that their organization had undergone an information security audit.
- Donate to the Civil Society Security Strengthening Initiative to help grassroots nonprofits and civil society organizations in Ukraine and across Eastern and Central Europe remain resilient in the face of powerful threats and hostile environments.
We will keep this post updated as new information and resources are available.